My Philosophy


I believe it is important to create a community where all learners feel safe, respected and have a sense of belonging. It is important to focus equally on the social, emotional and academic needs of students. I strive to meet children where they're at by differentiating instruction, choosing developmentally appropriate activities and providing a balance between teacher-directed and self-directed learning. I value play, the arts, movement, creativity and laughter as important and meaningful parts of the learning process for children.



Friday, June 22, 2012

Welcome to Firefly First Grade!


I'd like to welcome all my new students and families to Firefly First Grade!  I am so excited to spend the next two years as your teacher and look forward to all the learning we will do together during that time.  I am busy this summer getting our classroom ready and planning fun and interesting activities for our new school year.  I can't wait to have you join me in first grade! 
Please be sure to sign up for a summer conference on the Firefly web page. This will be a great opportunity for us to meet each other and it will also give you an opportunity to see your new classroom and ask any questions you may have about first grade.
Enjoy your summer!
Mrs. KillKelley

No comments:

Post a Comment