My Philosophy


I believe it is important to create a community where all learners feel safe, respected and have a sense of belonging. It is important to focus equally on the social, emotional and academic needs of students. I strive to meet children where they're at by differentiating instruction, choosing developmentally appropriate activities and providing a balance between teacher-directed and self-directed learning. I value play, the arts, movement, creativity and laughter as important and meaningful parts of the learning process for children.



Friday, March 16, 2012

Hands On Nature

We had a wonderful Hands On Nature lesson this week. We learned about twigs.  We learned that all twigs are different.  We can tell what kind of a tree it is by the twig and we can also tell about the past and the future from looking at a twig.  Ask your child what they learned about twigs today.  A huge thank you to Amelia, Kim, Zynnia, and Fiona-our Hands On Nature parents.
It was so nice to meet with everyone this week and celebrate your child's progress.  I feel so fortunate to have been a part of your child's life these past two years, and to have had the opportunity to get to know all of my students' remarkable families!
I will be working on some professional development this Wed., Thurs., or Fri. and will not be in school on those days.  I will be checking email regularly so if there are any concerns please send me an email.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow customized with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment