My Philosophy


I believe it is important to create a community where all learners feel safe, respected and have a sense of belonging. It is important to focus equally on the social, emotional and academic needs of students. I strive to meet children where they're at by differentiating instruction, choosing developmentally appropriate activities and providing a balance between teacher-directed and self-directed learning. I value play, the arts, movement, creativity and laughter as important and meaningful parts of the learning process for children.



Monday, March 19, 2012

1/2 Music Concert Information


                                                                        March 19, 2012
Dear Parents of all 1st and 2nd graders:

Please join us on Tuesday, April 10th, at 6:30PM in the large gym for our concert,
“Music is Always There.” Please have your son/daughter arrive in the cafeteria at 6:00PM. (Please, no earlier)
Please have your child dressed appropriately. (No shorts or loose fitting shoes please)

If your child would like a CD of the songs to practice at home, please send in a new, blank CD no later than March 30th. CDs should be in a case or envelop to avoid dirt and scratches, and labeled with your child's name/team. (Please, no DVD’s)

I will need 2 parents from each class, to assist with lining up the children on the 10th. The concert begins promptly at 6:30PM, and I will need volunteers to arrive in the cafeteria at 6:00, to line up students, and assist them to the proper placement on the risers. Also, if you are willing to assist students in leaving the stage after the program, it would be appreciated.  Students will be lined up by team, and by height. (I will have directions printed up for you when you arrive, as well photos of each class’ placement on the risers)

As an incentive, I will reserve a seat for you, in the appropriate viewing area of your son/daughter. I will reserve seats for the 1st two responses from each class.  (Please e-mail, call, or send in the form below) I will call/e-mail you to confirm your volunteering. If you do not hear from me, please accept my apologies, for all positions are filled.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Diana Burritt
K-2, 4-5 Music Educator
383-1271

No comments:

Post a Comment