My Philosophy


I believe it is important to create a community where all learners feel safe, respected and have a sense of belonging. It is important to focus equally on the social, emotional and academic needs of students. I strive to meet children where they're at by differentiating instruction, choosing developmentally appropriate activities and providing a balance between teacher-directed and self-directed learning. I value play, the arts, movement, creativity and laughter as important and meaningful parts of the learning process for children.



Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Holidays!

The Firefly Team had a wonderful day filled with special snacks, beverages and a movie (Babe in the City).  A huge thank you to Lisa Deavitt, Maggie Stief, Zynnia Seidita, Kristen Bingel and Elaine Brand for all the wonderful treats they sent in to make it a special day for us today.
A huge thank you to all my families for all the thoughtful gifts.  I am overwhelmed by your generosity.
I hope everyone has a happy, healthy holiday vacation.  See you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment