My Philosophy


I believe it is important to create a community where all learners feel safe, respected and have a sense of belonging. It is important to focus equally on the social, emotional and academic needs of students. I strive to meet children where they're at by differentiating instruction, choosing developmentally appropriate activities and providing a balance between teacher-directed and self-directed learning. I value play, the arts, movement, creativity and laughter as important and meaningful parts of the learning process for children.



Friday, September 3, 2010

Our First Week of School

We have had a fantastic first week of school!  We have been getting to know each other, making new friends, learning some sign language and getting class and team routines down.  Unfortunately we have had some confusion with our Unified Arts schedule and groupings.  Please check the schedule portion of the blog as I have made some changes to the UA schedule.  We have been reading Red Clover books and doing some writing about them.  So far we have read Redwood, Lousy Rotten Stinkin Grapes and Moonshot.   We will be reading Red Clover Books through the end of September. 

I'd like to apoligize for not being here for most of the first day of school.  My daughter was in the hospital and I needed to be with her.  She is home now and doing well.  I'm glad I was at least able to be here to greet everyone in the morning.

Have a terrific weekend!  I'm so excited to be teaching first grade and am enjoying getting to know all your amazing children:)

No comments:

Post a Comment